- Shimano is bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Act) and is committed to complying with the Act and protecting the privacy of Personal Information that it collects and holds.
- PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information is information or an opinion about an individual, who is identified or could be reasonably identifiable, whether the information or opinion is true or not and whether the information is recorded in a material form or not (Personal Information).
- THE PURPOSE OF THIS POLICY
- the types of information we collect;
- how we collect Personal Information;
- how we use Personal Information;
- how we disclose Personal Information;
- your right of access to your Personal Information;
- your right to inspect and, where necessary, correct your Personal Information that we hold;
- your right to have your Personal Information protected from misuse or unauthorised access; and
- your right to have your privacy complaints investigated and resolved.
- THE TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Personal information we collect about you may include:
- your name, date of birth, mailing and/or street address, telephone number, gender, email address and/or any other information from which your identity is apparent or can be reasonably ascertained;
- your preferences and/or opinions;
- information you provide to us through customer surveys;
- details of products and services we have provided to you and/or that you have enquired about, and our response to you;
- any other personal information requested by us and/or provided by you or a third party;
- data relating to your activity on our Website;
- the Internet Protocol (IP) address and a component of the domain name used (e.g. .com or .net);
- the type of browser and operating system you use;
- the dates and times you visit our Website;
- the web pages or services you access at our Website;
- the time spent on individual pages and our Website overall;
- additional Personal Information that you provide to us, directly or indirectly, through your use of our Website, associated applications, associated social media platforms and/or accounts from which you permit us to collect information; and
- the files you download from our Website.
- HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We may collect these types of Personal Information directly from you or from third parties.
- The Personal Information may be provided by you using our Website or by telephone, face-to-face or in writing.
- WHY WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION AND HOW WE USE IT
We may collect, hold, use and disclose Personal Information for the following purposes:
- to provide you with information about our goods and services;
- to maintain a record of individuals who have participated in any features on our Website including our online blogs and competitions;
- to provide you with news about our products, goods and services;
- to send you marketing and promotional material that you may be interested in;
- to contact and communicate with you, including by email, telephone and mail;
- to manage and enhance our products, goods and services or your experience on our Website;
- to conduct competitions or trade promotions and/or offer additional benefits to you;
- to verify your identity;
- to investigate any complaints about, or made by you, or if we have reason to suspect you have breached our terms and conditions;
- to enable you to access and use our Website, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- for internal record keeping, administrative purposes, invoicing and billing purposes;
- for analytics, market research and business development, including to operate and improve our Website, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- for advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our products and services and information about third parties that we consider may be of interest to you;
- to comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have;
- to consider your employment application; or
- as required or permitted by any law.
- DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We may disclose Personal Information and you consent to us disclosing Personal Information to:
- third parties (including agents, dealers, sub-contractors or consultants):
- engaged by us to perform functions or provide products or services on our behalf such as mailouts, marketing or advertising;
- that sponsor or promote any of our competitions or trade promotions;
- authorised by you to receive information held by us; or
- as required or permitted by any law;
- third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, including (without limitation) IT service providers, data storage, web-hosting and server providers, debt collectors, maintenance or problem-solving providers, marketing or advertising providers, professional advisors and payment systems operators;
- our employees, contractors and/or related entities;
- our existing or potential agents or business partners;
- sponsors, promoters or suppliers of any competition we run;
- anyone to whom our business or assets (or any part of them) are, or may (in good faith) be, transferred;
- credit reporting agencies, courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities, in the event you fail to pay for goods or services we have provided to you;
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
- third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services or direct marketing to you. This may include parties located, or that store data, outside of Australia; and
- third parties to collect and process data, such as Google Analytics or other relevant businesses. This may include parties that store data outside of Australia.
- By providing us with Personal Information, you consent to the disclosure of your Personal Information outside of Australia and acknowledge that we are not required to ensure that overseas recipients handle that Personal Information in compliance with Australian privacy law. You acknowledge that some overseas third parties may not be regulated by the Act and the Australian Privacy Principles in the Act and if any third party engages in any act or practice that contravenes the Australian Privacy Principles, it would not be accountable under the Act and you will not be able to seek redress under the Act.
- YOUR RIGHTS OF ACCESS TO AND CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Access: You have a right to access your Personal Information, subject to certain exceptions provided for in the Act. If you require access to your Personal Information, please contact Shimano using the Contact Details below. You are required to put your request in writing and provide proof of identity. An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of such information. We request that you keep your Personal Information as current as possible.
- Correction: You may, upon inspection of the Personal Information we hold about you, write to us to correct any errors in the Personal Information or where any Personal Information is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading. We will take reasonable steps to correct any Personal Information found to be in error, inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out of date.
- Choice: You are not obliged to give us your Personal Information. If you would like to access any of our services or features of our Website on an anonymous basis we will take reasonable steps to comply with your request. However, if you do not provide your Personal Information to us, it may affect your use of our Website or the products, goods and/or services offered on or through them.
- Restrict: If you have previously agreed to us using your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us using the details below.
- We will take all reasonable steps to protect the Personal Information that we hold from misuse, loss or unauthorised access and disclosure including by means of password access and secure servers. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the personal information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
- If you suspect any misuse or loss of your Personal Information please contact us immediately.
- COOKIES AND WEB BEACONS
- We may use web beacons on our Website from time to time. Web beacons (also known as Clear GIFs) are small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor the visitor’s behaviour and collect data about the visitor’s viewing of a web page. For example, web beacons can be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page.
- If you have a complaint about how we have collected, used, disclosed, handled or protected your Personal Information, please contact us in writing and provide us with full details of the complaint.
- We will respond to any written complaint within 14 days of receiving the complaint, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint.
- You also have the right to contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
- LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
- CONTACT DETAILS
Shimano Australia Fishing
2 Wurrook Circuit
Caringbah NSW 2229
P/ (02) 9533 0000
Last update: 18 June 2019